The Future of Financing Mental Health and Addiction Services
Erin Booker, Tom Britton, Eric Bailly, Andy Kelly, Greg WilliamsSpeaker Bio
Brought to you by
When and where
For chronic illnesses that need to be managed over time, not solely in acute instances, aligning the payment incentives to overall health and wellness re-orients care away from a fee-for-service volume-based focus. The vast majority of this in the market today is driven by CMS through the Medicare Accountable Care Programs, however, commercial insurers have now increasingly moved toward value-based primary care offerings and deploying other condition-specific episodes of care.
Emerging promising examples beginning in behavioral health – A number of new models have recently emerged including the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) model for non-profit mental health and addiction services, the P-COAT model from ASAM for Opioid Use Disorder episodes, and the Addiction Recovery Model Home – Alternative Payment Model (ARMH-APM) for integrated Substance Use Disorder care. Each model provides increased flexibility of payment to the provider in some kind of bundle-based or episode-of-care framework that packages together a more comprehensive set of services along the continuum and frees up the provider to care for an individual and their needs in flexible and independent ways versus the rigidity of independent CPT billing codes.
- Addiction Counselors (NAADAC)
1. Attendees will learn from payers and providers what their vision for the transition to value looks like in the mental health and addiction
2. The panel will discuss the core challenges that need to be overcome operationally and technologically
3. How these services can and perhaps should be purchased and financed in the future
4. a review of emerging models and pilots taking shape across the country
This course has been approved by High Watch Recovery Center as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider for 1.5 CE(s). NAADAC Provider #191571, High Watch Recovery Center, is responsible for all aspects of its programming.