Dr. Rachel LacyMore Info
When and Where
Date and Time
Sessions will be available On-Demand
This presentation will provide a basic overview and framework for the evaluation of concussions/ TBI, PTSD and chronic pain. Patients can have one, or any combination of diagnoses, in addition to other psychological disorders, medical issues, past trauma, and characterological disorders. The focus of this presentation will be to highlight the kinds of questions therapists should asks during their initial clinical interviews in order to adequately assess these issues, choose a treatment pathway, and decide when to refer for further evaluation. When patients present with multiple symptoms, it can be difficult cult to tease apart how each one becomes manifest, how one condition may exacerbate another, and identify the primary issue to know which one to treat first. Decision making regarding treatment options and planning will be discussed.
- Social Workers
- List clinical interview questions that are key to determining if a concussion, brain injury or other brain disorder may play a role in the patient’s mood and behavior.
- Identify when a patient may need referral for neuropsychological testing.
- Review symptoms of PTSD and discuss how that affects the brain, cognition, and mood.
- Discuss how chronic pain can impact cognition and mood.
- Explain how trauma may play a role in recovery.
- Describe effective treatment modalities and discuss treatment planning.
This program has been approved for 1 CE clock hour by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners.