Mind-Body Medicine, Stress and the Future of Integrated Health
Marc D'AunoyMore Info
When and Where
Date and Time
Sessions will be available On-Demand
Studies show stress plays a key role and is a major risk factor for disease formation. Possibly the most astonishing study comes from the CDC-Kaiser ACEs (adverse childhood experiences) study showing statistically significant future health risks to children who were exposed to traumatic childhood experiences. In this presentation, healthcare providers will be introduced to the CDC-Kaiser ACEs test and review some of the research on negative health outcomes and discuss psychoneuroimmunology, mind-body medicine, preventative medicine, and will be offered the opportunity to explore the benefits of adding mind-body medicine skills into your practice with the hopes of improving your clients overall satisfaction and better health outcomes. In this presentation, Mr. D’Aunoy will introduce the basics of mind-body medicine, its history, research, and philosophy and will introduce a mind-body medicine model to consider for clinical application and further research called Recall Healing.
- Addiction Counselors
- Social Workers
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
- Review the ACE’s (adverse childhood experiences) and findings on individual and systemic health outcomes;
- Will define the basics of mind-body medicine and preventative medicine;
- Will briefly explore some research on mind-body medicine and epigenetics and;
- Introduce Recall Healing as a possible resource for clinical use in healthcare settings. Recall Healing is currently in its infancy not unlike the historical beginnings of modalities such as energy medicine and EMDR where further research is needed to validate the approach. Nevertheless, the presentation will serve as inspiration and provoke curiosity as we also;
- Review common stressors believed to be associated with the most common health challenges with the ACEs research forming the foundation of why it appears relevant to integrate mind-body medicine into the future of healthcare.
- Finally, Mr. D’Aunoy will share case examples that will provide real life examples of positive health outcomes in individuals and family systems using mind-body medicine practices.
This program has been approved for 2.5 continuing education clock hours by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners.
Trusted Provider Network, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0220.
This course has been approved by TPN.health, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #198061, TPN.health is responsible for all aspects of the programing. Counselor Skill Group: Counseling Services.
TPN.health, #1766, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. TPN.health maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 03/31/2022 – 03/31/2025. Social workers completing this course receive 2.5 Clinical continuing education credits.
ASWB ACE credit is not available in NY and NJ.
Trusted Provider Network, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0654.
This workshop meets the requirements and has been approved for 2.5 hours for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists in Louisiana by the Louisiana Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
Trusted Provider Network, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0097.