How the Brain Makes Decisions
Dr. Mike PlattMore Info
When and Where
Date and Time
Sessions will be available On-Demand
This session provides an accessible introduction to the brain mechanisms that underlie human decision making, why these processes limit and constrain decisions, how these mechanisms differ across people and contexts, and how you can use this knowledge to make better decisions.
- Social Workers
- Understand why it’s hard to be fast and accurate at the same time.
- Understand how value impacts the decision process.
- Appreciate how physiological limitations lead to choice fatigue, decoy effects and the influence of salience on decisions.
- Learn how subtle physical manipulations can shape decisions.
- Appreciate the impact of emotions on decision making
This program has been approved for 1.25 CE clock hours by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners.