When and Where
Date and Time
Sessions will be available On-Demand
This course outlines a model of supervision directly related to improving the clinician’s ability to practice by using SAMHSA’s Addiction Counselor Competencies (TAP 21) to identify areas of strength and need. Attendees will be provided with information, tools, and guidance that will enhance their ability to provide clinical supervision for substance abuse counselors.
- Addiction Counselors
- Social Workers
- Identify specific responsibilities of both the supervisor and supervisee in in the professional relationship.
- Provide a definition and practical description of competency based supervision.
- Identify four models of clinical supervision.
- Identify their own supervisory orientation.
- Verbalize the process of both supervisory evaluation and self evaluation of counselor competencies.
- Identify specific behavioral evidence related to identified competencies.
This program has been approved 2.5 continuing education clock hours by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners.
This course has been approved by TPN.health, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #198061, TPN.health is responsible for all aspects of the programing.
TPN.health, #1766, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. TPN.health maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 03/31/2022 – 03/31/2025. Social workers completing this course receive 2.5 Supervision continuing education credits.
ASWB ACE credit is not available in NY and NJ. This course has been approved for credit in Supervision renewal for Louisiana Social Workers.