Kevin Washington, Ph.D. and Derek WilsonMore Info
When and Where
Date and Time
Access virtually on TPN.health
1. To provide a framework from for establishing an operational definition of Afrikan/Black Psychology and Ubuntu Psychotherapy.
2. To discuss the history and development of culturally competent psychotherapy.
3. To provide participants with a knowledge base into Afrikan/Black mental health of the Black Family so that they are able to elucidate the sociocultural and physiological contributors to the etiology of various mental disorders.
4. To provide participants with a knowledge foundation into Afrikan/Black and Ubuntu Psychotherapy so that they will have the skills to identify possible culturally appropriate mental health diagnosis and treatment (healing) modalities of the Black Family.
5. To increase students’ knowledge base about the application of Ubuntu Psychotherapy in the context of the Black Family.