Elizabeth Guroff & Michelle LaFitteSpeaker Bio
Now Available On Demand
Trauma is a near universal experience of individuals who seek assistance from providers. Addressing trauma is now the expectation, not the exception. This training explores the connection between behavior and trauma, and identifies resilience‐oriented trauma‐informed ways to intervene with all those we serve. Participants learn what being trauma‐informed looks like, and key strategies for implementing this approach, as well as highlighting the connection between self‐care and compassion fatigue.
CE Details: 2.0 CE Hours
- Social Workers
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Define trauma and resilience.
- Understand the prevalence and impact of trauma, including understanding findings from the ACE study.
- Be aware of the neuro/bio/psycho/social impact of trauma.
- Explain the connection between behavior and trauma and ways to intervene with those we serve in a trauma‐informed, resilience‐oriented manner.
- Understand the connection between self‐care and compassion fatigue.
This program has been approved for 2.0 CE clock hours in Diagnosis by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners.
Peer Support Specialists:
The coursers are approved for 2.0 continuing education units by the Louisiana Office of Behavioral Health
This program has been approved for 2.0 General continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter as authorized by the Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal