Do's and Don'ts
As a condition to access TPN, you agree to strictly observe the following DO's and DON'Ts:
Do Undertake the Following:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, state and federal patient privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, HIPAA, and other regulatory requirements.
- Provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary.
- Review and comply with notices sent by TPN concerning the Services; and
- Disclose any potential conflicts-of-interest, such as consultant fees (e.g. promoting "off-label" use) as appropriate; and
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
Don't Undertake the Following:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally by engaging in unprofessional behavior by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content to TPN.
- Publish inaccurate information in the designated fields on the Profile form (e.g., do not include a link or an email address in the specialty field). Please also protect sensitive personal information such as your email address, phone number, street address, or other information that is confidential in nature.
- Harass, abuse, or harm another person, including sending unwelcomed or unauthorized communications to others using TPN.
- Upload a Profile image that is not your likeness or a headshot photo.
- Use or attempt to use another's account without authorization from the user, or create a false identity on TPN; and
- Offer inducements or accept inducements related to referrals of patients who participate in federal, state, or governmental payor programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, Tri-care or the like.
Upload, post, email, utilize any TPN Messaging format, fax, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any content that:
- Falsely states, impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents your identity, including but not limited to misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present.
- Is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Adds to a content field content that is not intended for such field (i.e. submitting a telephone number in the specialty field).
- Includes information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as private patient information, insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, or other proprietary rights.
- Includes any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of unauthorized communication. This prohibition includes but is not limited to (a) using TPN invitations to send messages to people who don't know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; (b) using TPN to connect to people who don't know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and (c) sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases.
- Contains software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of TPN or any User of TPN.
- Forges headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Services; and/or
- Duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer information found on TPN (excluding content posted by you) except as permitted in this Agreement or as expressly authorized by TPN.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Services, or any part thereof.
- Utilize or copy information, content, or any data you view on and/or obtain from TPN to provide any service that is competitive, in TPN sole discretion, with TPN.
- Imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by TPN unless you have entered into a written agreement with TPN.
- Adapt, modify, or create derivative works based on TPN or technology underlying the Services, or other Users' content, in whole or part.
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to TPN or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part.
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize content, phone lists, or any other service or functionality of TPN, without the express written permission of TPN.
- Deep-link to the Site for any purpose, (i.e. including a link to a TPN web page other than TPN home page) unless expressly authorized in writing by TPN or for the purpose of promoting your Profile or a Group on TPN.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on TPN, including those of both TPN and any of its licensors.
- Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information obtained from TPN except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or as the owner of such information may expressly permit.
- Share information of non-Users without their express consent.
- Infringe or use TPN brand, logos and/or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the word "TPN" in any business name, email, or URL or including TPN trademarks and logos or as expressly permitted by TPN.
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means, or processes to access, "scrape," "crawl" or "spider" any web pages or other services contained in the site, unless explicitly permitted by TPN.
- Use bots or other automated methods to access TPN, add or download contacts, send, or redirect messages, or perform other activities through TPN, unless explicitly permitted by TPN.
- Access, via automated or manual means or processes, TPN for purposes of monitoring TPN availability, performance, or functionality for any competitive purpose.
- Engage in "framing," "mirroring," or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of TPN website.
Attempt to or actually access TPN by any means other than through the interfaces provided by TPN such as its mobile application or by navigating to http://tpn.health using a web browser. This prohibition includes accessing or attempting to access TPN using any third-party service, including software-as-a-service platforms that aggregate access to multiple services, including TPN.
- Attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying TPN.
- Engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on TPN infrastructure, including, but not limited to, sending unsolicited communications to other Users or TPN personnel, attempting to gain unauthorized access to TPN, or transmitting or activating computer viruses through or on TPN.
- Interfere with or disrupt or game TPN or the Services, including, but not limited to, any servers or networks connected to TPN, in particular, TPN search algorithms.
- Any attempt to obtain unauthorized access, interfere with or to exceed authorized access to TPN shall be considered a trespass and computer fraud and abuse, punishable under state and federal laws. TPN hereby notifies you that any or all communications with this website can and will be monitored, captured, recorded, and transmitted to the authorities as deemed necessary by TPN in its sole discretion and without further notice; and
- Any content which contains PHI or ePHI or any post which would violate the terms of the Federal False Claims Act, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute or other federal, state, or local law.