About the Workshop
Content Level: Beginner
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: what does that even mean? How does one know if they are culturally competent and effective with working in diverse populations? This presentation will engage participants in an open discussion about ideas of racism, microaggressions, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and the effects these concepts have on the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of the clients we work with. Attendees will gain an understanding of the importance of self-exploration and self-assessment for inclusive clinical practice.
- Describe the concepts of diversity, equity and inclusion and their relevance to the mental health field.
- Identify at least 3 barriers and disparities for treatment in BIPOC communities.
- Describe at least 2 ways in which marginalization practices impact clinical practice.
How to Register
To register for the workshop, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Click the "Register" button to begin the registration process.
- You MUST have a TPN.health profile to attend this event. You will be directed to sign up or sign in to TPN.health before being able to complete your registration. Once you sign up or sign in you will be directed to the workshop registration page to complete your registration.
- You MUST use the email address associated with your TPN.health profile at registration. This is an important step so we can verify attendance accurately.
- You will be able to access the event by visiting the "My Events" page within your TPN.health profile. Please access the event link at this page at least 15 minutes prior to the event's start time to be directed to the Zoom registration page.